On certain problems of functioning and legal regulation of water transport activities of Ukraine
The article is devoted to the study of certain aspects of the functioning and legal regulation of water transport of Ukraine, in particular
maritime transport and river transport, in today’s conditions. The realities of the functioning of the maritime complex of Ukraine
indicate its inconsistency with the growing needs in the relevant activities of the maritime industry, the requirements of European standards
of quality of transport services.
The special position of water transport in the economic life of the state requires special regulation of economic, organizational
and legal bases of activity of a sea economic complex, definition of its place and a role in economy and social sphere. The strategic
directions, goals and objectives set, in particular, by the Sustainable Development Strategy “Ukraine – 2020”, the Transport Strategy
of Ukraine until 2020, the Strategic Plan for the Development of Maritime and River Transport for the period up to 2020 were not pro -
perly achieved. Therefore, fierce competition in international markets, modern integration processes, as well as economic realities determine
the need for a clear understanding of the challenges of developing, reforming and improving the efficiency of the maritime transport
system and seaports.
Among the main tasks of the development of the maritime complex of Ukraine should be identified: the creation of favorable
regulatory, financial and tax conditions for the development of the maritime industry; creation of conditions for market self-regulation
of the maritime industry, liquidation or re-profiling of part of shipbuilding and ship repair enterprises that cannot withstand market competition;
attraction of investments for development of seaports and objects of their infrastructure, transfer of the enterprises of port
branch and a part of objects of port infrastructure, in particular, in concession; increasing the competitiveness of water transport in the
domestic and foreign markets of transport services; increasing the level of use of transit potential and accelerating the integration of
domestic transport into the European transport system; improvement of the document management system, simplification of permitting
procedures, reduction of cargo handling time, which will increase the efficiency, quality and speed of loading and unloading operations;
bringing the environmental safety standards of seaports in line with international ones, implementation of EU standards for handling
2. Shelukhin M. L. Transportne pravo Ukrainy. Akademichnyj kurs : [pidruchnyk] / za red. M. L. Shelukhina. K.: In Yure. 2008. 896 s.
3. Mors'ka doktryna Ukrainy na period do 2035 roku URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1307-2009-%D0%BF#Text
4. Transport i zv'iazok Ukrainy 2017 / Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. 2018. 168 s.
5. Hryshyna L. O., Karas' P. M. , Filipishyna L. M. Tendentsii, problemy ta perspektyvy rozvytku morehospodars'koho kompleksu Ukrainy v umovakh ievrointehratsii. Naukovyj visnyk UNU. Vypusk 24, chastyna 1. 2019. S. 131-135.
6. Hurenko A.V., Schenykova E.V., Yevsik M. S. Doslidzhennia suchasnoho potentsialu morehospodars'koho kompleksu Ukrainy. Visnyk Pryazovs'koho tekhnichnoho universytetu. 2017. Vyp. 33. S. 218–224.
7. Manaienko I.M., Prosianyk I.V. Osoblyvosti zovnishn'oekonomichnoi diial'nosti vitchyznianykh pidpryiemstv v umovakh ievrointehratsii. Naukovyj visnyk Uzhhorods'koho natsional'noho universytetu. Seriia: Ekonomika. 2018. Vyp. 18, chastyna 3. S. 11–14.
8. Hryshyna L. O., Karas' P. M. , Filipishyna L. M. Tendentsii, problemy ta perspektyvy rozvytku morehospodars'koho kompleksu Ukrainy v umovakh ievrointehratsii. Naukovyj visnyk UNU. Vypusk 24, chastyna 1. 2019. S. 131-135.
9. Transportnoiu stratehiieiu Ukrainy na period do 2020 roku URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2174-2010-%D1%80#Text
Stratehichnyj plan rozvytku mors'koho ta richkovoho transportu na period do 2020 roku URL: https://mtu.gov.ua/content/zadachi-ministerstva-v-ramkah-galuzi-morskogo-transportu.html