European integration processes аnd private international law: certain aspects
Certain aspects, the meaning and relationship between adaptation of the private legislation of Ukraine to the requirements of the
European Community and private international law are analyzed in the article. The above mentioned phenomena are explored in the
light of the active integration of Ukraine into European and world space, which at the same time explains the stage of fundamental
changes in the national system of private law.
Special attention is paid to the provisions of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the European Union dated June 27,
2014, which became the basis for deepening the processes of democratization and liberalization in all spheres of life, including the
sphere of regulation of private law relations complicated by a foreign element – the legal relations that make up the subject matter of
international private law.
The concept, features and legal aim of adaptation in law in the context of European integration changes were the subject to
detailed analysis. Various approaches of scientists in terms of characterization of this concept are analyzed. It is indicated that the adaptation
of the national legislation of Ukraine to the legislation of the European Union is a long and multi-stage process, the plan of which
is enshrined at the level of international treaties, including the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the European Union of June
27, 2014. Particular attention is paid to the analysis of the provisions of the Association Agreement, which are directly devoted to international
private law and legal relations which make up its subject matter.
Special attention is paid to the issue of intellectual property law and its regulation under current legislation of Ukraine and Association
Agreement between Ukraine and the European Union. Certain aspects referring trademark regulation are analyzed. Judicial practice
of the national court of Ukraine has been taken into account as well.
It is crucial to stress that European integration processes have their direct impact on private international law system and its me -
cha nism of legal regulation.
2. Lutsʹ, V. (2004). Pravova intehratsiya: zahalʹno-teoretychna kharakterystyka. Visnyk Lʹvivsʹkoho universytetu. Seriya yurydychna. № 39. ISSN: 2078-4503 [in Ukrainian].
3. Pronevych, O. S. (2016). Adaptatsiya vitchyznyanoho zakonodavstva do zakonodavstva Yevropeysʹkoho Soyuzu: doktrynalʹno-pravovyy aspekt. Visnyk Kharkivsʹkoho natsionalʹnoho universytetu vnutrishnikh sprav. № 3 (74). ISSN 1999-5717 [in Ukrainian].
4. Uhoda pro asotsiatsiyu mizh Ukrayinoyu, z odniyeyi storony, ta Yevropeysʹkym Soyuzom, Yevropeysʹkym spivtovarystvom z atomnoyi enerhiyi i yikhnimy derzhavamy-chlenamy, z inshoyi storony, vid 27 chervnya 2014 roku [in Ukrainian].
5. Dovhert, A. S., Kysil, V. I. (2012). Mizhnarodne pryvatne pravo. Zahalna chastyna: pidruchnyk. Kyiv: Alerta [in Ukrainian].
6. Pro okhoronu prav na znaky dlya tovariv i posluh: Zakon Ukrayiny vid 15.12.1993 roku № 3689-XII. Vidomocti Verkhovnoyi Rady Ukrayiny. 1994 [in Ukrainian].
7. Yuldashev, O. H. (2004). Mizhnarodne pryvatne pravo: teoretychni ta prykladni aspekty. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
8. Postanova Verkhovnoho Sudu u spravi № 910/14972/17 vid 17.07.2018 roku [in Ukrainian].
Pro vnesennya zmin do deyakykh zakonodavchykh aktiv Ukrayiny shchodo posylennya okhorony i zakhystu prav na torhovelʹni marky i promyslovi zrazky ta borotʹby z patentnymy zlovzhyvannyamy: Zakon Ukrayiny vid 21.07.2020 roku № 815-IX 1994 [in Ukrainian].