Law Enforcement Cooperation of the Member States of the European Union
The article is devoted to the study of law enforcement cooperation of the European Union Member States. The main bodies
responsible for cooperation in the EU have been identified.
It has been determined that the main instrument of police cooperation is the European Police Office, which is a central element
of the wider European internal security architecture. CEPOL has been proven to be the agency that develops, implements and coordinates
training for law enforcement officers. The EU Analytical Intelligence Centre (EU INTCEN) is not, strictly speaking, a police
cooperation body, as it is the Directorate for European External Action Service (EEAS) and deals only with strategic analysis. On the
Standing Committee to ensure the development and strengthening of operational cooperation on internal security matters within the
Union (COSI), it promotes coordination among the competent authorities of the member states.
2. Official website – European Public Prosecutor's office. URL :https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/cross-border-cases/judicial-cooperation/networks-and-bodies-supporting-judicial-cooperation/european-public-prosecutors-office_en
3. Makarukha Z. M. Pravova kharakteristika «zovni`shn`ogo vimi`ru» prostoru svobodi, bezpeki ta yusticzi`yi Yevropejs`kogo Soyuzu / Makarukha Z. M. // Naukovij vi`snik L`vi`vs`kogo derzhavnogo uni`versitetu vnutri`shni`kh sprav. - 2010. - #. 2. - S. 379-387.[in Ukrainian].
4. Convention Based on Article K.3 of the Treaty on European Union, on the Establishment of a European Police Office (Europol Convention). URL: http://www.europol.europa.eu/index.asp?page=legalconv
5. Bretherton Ch. The European Union as a Global Actor / Ch. Bretherton, J. Vogler ; 2nd ed. – Abingdon : Routledge, 2006. – 457 r.6. Keukeleire S. The Foreign Policy of the European Union / S. Keukeleire, J. MacNaughtan. – Basingstoke: Palgrave, 2008. – R. 157–159.
6. Shamsutdinova R.R. Prostranstvo svobody`, bezopasnosti i pravosudiya Evropejskogo soyuza: stanovlenie, razvitie i osnovny`e formy` sotrudnichestva gosudarstv-chlenov: Avtoref. kand. yurid. nauk, 12.00.10 – mezhdunarodnoe pravo. Evropejskoe pravo. – Kazan`, 2009. – 28 s. [in Ukrainian].
7. Sabine Gless. POLICE AND JUDICIAL COOPERATION BETWEEN THE EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER STATES. RESULTS AND PROSPECTS . URL : https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/18245145.pdf
8. Official website – CEPOL. URL : https://www.cepol.europa.eu/
9. REGULATION (EU) 2016/794 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 11 May 2016 on the European Union Agency for Law Enforcement Cooperation (Europol) and replacing and repealing Council Decisions 2009/371/JHA, 2009/934/JHA, 2009/935/JHA, 2009/936/JHA and 2009/968/JHA. Official Journal of the European Union . L 135/53 URL: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32015R0757.
10. COUNCIL DECISION 2005/681/JHA of 20 September 2005 establishing the European Police College (CEPOL) and repealing Decision 2000/820/JHA/. Official Journal of the European Union. L 256/63. URL: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32005D0681
11. Regulation (EU)2015/2219 of the European Parliament and of the Council. URL:https://eurlex.europa.eu/legalcontent/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32015R221.
12. Treaty establishing a constitution for Europe.URL : https://europa.eu/european-union/sites/europaeu/files/docs/body/treaty_establishing_a_constitution_for_europe_en.pdf
13. Council Decision of 25 February 2010 on setting up the Standing Committee on operational cooperation on internal security (2010/131/EU). Official Journal of the European Union. L 52/50. URL: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32010D0131
14. European Council, The Stockholm Programme – An open and secure Europe serving protecting citizens O.J. 2010 C, no. 115/0 URL :https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:C:2010:115:0001:0038:EN:PDF.
15. Official website – EEAS. URL: https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/institutions-bodies/eeas_en
16. “Internal security strategy for the European Union. Towards a European security model”, Brussel 2010, retrieved 27.07.2016, www.consilium.europa.eu/en/documents-publications/publications/2010 /pd f/qc3010313plc_pdf